Weekly listings of all things Fringe in Montreal.
- Date: December 12th – 8:00pm
- Venue: Foonzo
- Address: 1245 Drummond St., Montreal
- Tickets: $10
The Toy Company collective takes ’80s video game music and mashes it up into dancefloor beats, so get your geek and your groove on at this party! Drink included with price of admission.
- Date: December 12th – 9:00pm
- Venue: Mainline Theatre
- Address: 3997 St. Laurent Blvd., Montreal
- Tickets: $5
A healthy dose of weirdness and comedy is in store for you if you hit up the MainLine’s December edition of this recurring comedy event. Limited seating is available, so show up early, or take your laughs standing up!
- Date: December 13th – December 31st – 7:00pm
- Venue: Cinema du Parc
- Address: 3575 Parc Ave., Montreal
- Tickets: $8.50 under 25 year olds, $11.50 general
Having screened at RIDM in November, this film follows professional snowboarder Kevin Pearce and his friendly rivalry with snowboard superstar Shaun White. When Pearce suffers a massive head trauma while preparing for the 2010 Winter Olympics, his family rallies around him and Pearce must face the prospect of never riding again.
- Date: December 13th – 7:30pm
- Venue: Theatre Ste. Catherine
- Address: 264 Ste. Catherine St. E., Montreal
- Tickets: $18 advance, $20 door
This event is a blend of cinema and sound: for the launch of performer/composer Simon Piche-Castonguay’s new album Phonoscript, he will be taking the stage along with film projections and 10 other musicians to create a unique hybrid aesthetic environment.
- Date: December 14th – 10:00pm
- Venue: La Sala Rossa
- Address: 4848 St Laurent Blvd., Montreal
- Tickets: Free admission
It’s time to suit up in your ugliest Christmas sweater or your brightest bling and jingle bell rock at this free dance party, hosted by DJs Scott C and Andy Williams.
- Date: December 19th – 7:00pm
- Venue: Club Soda
- Address: 1225 St. Laurent Blvd., Montreal
- Tickets: $24.50 advance, $28.50 door
Christmas comes early for the hardcore kids of Montreal—the three biggest names in melodic metalcore are touring together. All three are big enough to be the headlining band, but The Devil Wears Prada takes the cake with their legendary status. Mosh and be moved to tears with these bands’ epic melodies.
- Date: December 20th – 10:00pm
- Venue: Le Belmont
- Address: 4483 St Laurent Blvd., Montreal
- Tickets: $5
“With garlands of gore and wreaths of flesh,” this zombie/Christmas hybrid show is for those who want to celebrate the holiday Tim Burton-style. Local electronica groups like Snails and Black Tiger Sex Machine will be bringing the tunes to the crowd’s rotting-off ears. Kannibalen will be raining a “blizzard of blood,” so watch out for a Santa Claws on a rampage.
- Date: December 31st – 9:00pm
- Venue: Theatre Telus
- Address: 1280 rue Saint-Denis, Montreal
- Tickets: $57.49
Ring in the new year in style with two of Montreal’s premiere hip-hop and trapstep producers, featuring the funky fresh electronic duo Chromeo, returning to their roots in the City of Churches. Prepare for a night of slippery synths and fancy footwork on the dance floor.